9.19.2008

Ratio of Care

I am constantly trying to remind myself that God knows and cares about all of these big unknowns in my life. But sometimes, something comes up that reminds me that God knows and cares about the tiniest details in my life.
Last night was one of those nights at the end of one of those days. I left for work at 7:45 a.m., spent three hours on my feet at a meeting I didn't need to be at, rushed around in heels planning an event, drove a half an hour after work to a meeting, drove back home and went to the gym, and then stopped by the store on the way home. I didn't get home until 9 p.m. At which point, Tim was out at his men's Bible Study, so I was all alone.
Feeling very solitary, I decided to call someone. One of my friend's is in China, two others didn't answer their phones, and my mom was busy. So I wallowed for a bit in my own lonliness. Then my phone rang! Excited, I picked it up, expecting a returned call from a friend. What I got was Houghton's fund. The girl making the call was a freshman at my alma mater, and seeing as this was only the third week of school, probably feeling overwhelmed. She sounded nervous and not sure what to say, so I eased her into a conversation. We talked for about fifteen minutes, giving advice, talking about the new experience and new england, where we both originated from. She left the call sounding much more confident in herself (even though I didn't give any money). I hung up feeling better, having just chatted with someone.

I stopped for a second, realizing that in the exact moment of my lonliness, God sent a ray of light. in an unexpected way, of course. But He didn't just pretend He didn't hear because I was whining again, He saw my need, essentially, knew my need, and provided exactly what I needed. I never cease to be amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment