10.24.2008

We, too

I read a devotional today about Lazarus, about how his spiritual calling/gift was his incredible testimony. and the devotional ended thus: "we too, have died and been ressurected."

Sometimes we forget that. Sometimes I forget that, anyway. I remember to pray for my friends and family. and I remember to have patience, be kind, and trust God for the big stuff and the little.

But how often do I remember the new life I live, the resurrection made possible by Christ? In floating moments of worship at church, or in moments of acute contemplation. But rarely while I shower, drive, type, and do chores.

We too, have died and been ressurected. We too, have this great testimony to share.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also in this devotional, Max Lucado compares Lazarus to a trumpeter:

    "God gave Martha a bass drum of service. God gave Mary a flute for praise. And God gave Lazarus a trumpet. And he stood on center stage and played it.
    God still gives trumpets. God still calls people from the pits. God still gives pinch-me-I'm-dreaming, too-good-to-be-true testimonies. But not everyone has a dramatic testimony. Who wants a band full of trumpets?"

    When I was a kid going to summer camp, I used to wish that I had an amazing, miraculous testimony. Then I'd be able to tell people about God. Saying, "well, I grew up in the church" was too boring. Lucado makes a good point, though. We all have our appointment, and we are all called to be faithful to it.

    ReplyDelete